Tuesday, November 20, 2012

What I'm Thankful For- A Personal Post

Thanksgiving in my favorite holiday and has been since I was a child. I love the family togetherness. I love the endless amounts of food. And I love that this holiday is about being thankful.

Here's what I'm thankful for:

1) The hope that I've found in Jesus. I know myself, and I know that I will never be good enough for God. I'm so thankful that He's made a way for me to forever be with Him through the death and resurrection of Jesus. I'm so thankful for the hope that He will one day make all things right.

2) My super incredible husband (aka. Mr. Wonderful) and the three kids who have stolen my heart. My husband is the most supportive and caring person and I am so, so thankful for him. I couldn't have asked for more precious children and I thank God every day that He continues to let me care for them.


3) My parents who are my constant figurative (and occasionally literal) cheerleaders and who love my kids more than I could have ever imagined, and my little brother and sister in law who are so much fun, are our regular encouragement, and in a very real way my heros. 

4) Two grandparents that have lived well into their nineties. Ah-ma-zing. My kids will remember four of their great grandparents and this makes me oh so happy.

5) Our extended family, our church, my lifelong friends, our new friends, our home, our country.

6) Breaks in the day to think about what I'm thankful for. A cup of hot coffee. A long run. My old dog still snoring at night. Reminders that my life is not about me.

7) My photographic obsession and this lovely little business. Thank you all for the support you've been over the past year and a half of BG Photography. I love this job and am so thankful for how you've helped me grow through this.



Love this holiday. Now it's time to eat. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment