Sunday, October 14, 2012

My First Learning to Shoot Class - Tucson Photographer

It's amazing to think that my first Learning to Shoot class is done. I had been thinking about and preparing for this photography 101 class for the last few months, and I almost can't believe that I won't be spending my evenings working on it any longer (though I'm sure my husband will be glad to have me back! :) ).

The first Learning to Shoot group consisted of ten students and they were all there to learn how to better handle their cameras and to take better pictures. Some students were hoping to capture better candid pictures of their children, some wanted to improve their landscape photography, and others wanted more natural pics of their four-legged kiddo. We spent the morning sessions going over the more technical aspects of photography and learning the various functions and modes of their cameras, and in the afternoon we went over composition and how to make their pictures fun and interesting. At the end of the day we had a final project and prizes were awarded to the top two pictures. Susie and Joyce did such a great job with their pictures! 



Susie's awesome bear shot, winning her first prize!

Joyce's figurine picture that took home the 2nd place prize.


It was so great to look around and see everyone having a genuinely fun time! One of the students said of their experience, " I really, really enjoyed the class, the information, the liveliness of the instructor. Really informative, helpful, and fun! Looking forward to class 201!" And another student said, "It was fun, never had a dull moment!"

So, will I teach a Learning to Shoot class again? Absolutely! I'm looking at another class at the beginning of the year. And what about a follow-up, Learning to Shoot: 201 class? It too will be in the works. Email me at yvette@bgphotography.biz if you'd like to be informed when dates and times are set. I'd love to have you join me!

Well, after lots and lots of work, my first Learning to Shoot class is over. It was definitely a labor of love and I'm kind of sad to see it gone. But at least I'll keep the friends and memories. Cheesy, I know...but it's true! :)




1 comment:

  1. Let me know the date for class 201.

    Thanks,
    Joyce N.

    ReplyDelete