Wednesday, September 19, 2012

What (Not) to Wear - Tucson Photographer

I get asked this question ALL the time..."So what should we wear?" 

My standard reply comes from one of my favorite shows, TLC's What Not to Wear. Stacey, one of the shows hosts, hates overly matching clothes (think red shirt, black pants, red hair tie, black shoes, and black purse on an individual, or in a group every one wearing the same color shirts and pants).  I tell all my clients to think "coordinating" not "matchy-matchy." Here are a few great examples of what this might look like...







I tend to recommend wearing layered or bright clothing which tend to photograph really well. Accessories such as belts, scarves, or jewelry also work great! If you'd like some more ideas (on actual people rather than just the clothes!), please see this family session. 

For some people picking out great clothes comes totally naturally. Like my best friend...she just steps out of bed, grabs an awesome outfit and heads out the door. Me, I have to work really hard just to make sure my clothes go together...and dressing my kids...that's a whole other matter. Thank goodness for guides like these! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment