Wednesday, March 28, 2012

What You Need to Know about Your Senior Pics

Here's my approach to senior pictures: Keep it simple. Keep it beautiful. Keep it all about the senior.

I work with each senior to design a shoot that highlights who they are and what they're about. We talk about the location. We talk about fashion. And we talk about how we can portray who they are in picture.

So what do you need to know about getting your pics done?

1) Think timeless beauty. Try to pick outfits that are trendy, but will last the test of time. I'm not so sure people wearing MC Hammer pants in their senior pics really look back too fondly on their outfit choices.

2) Chose locations that highlight a bit of who you are. Are you introverted? Maybe try taking pics at a coffee shop. Are you trendy and fashion-forward? Try a downtown urban location. Are you outdoorsy? Look for a place with grass and trees, or up in the mountains. Or maybe you want to do your pics at your favorite hangout place because you've spent so much time there it practically defines you.

3) Bring a few props to help tell a story. I had one senior bring her journal because she spends so much time writing. I loved this idea and we took several shots near a stream while she was journaling. If there's something (or someone) that's really special to you, bring it along!

4) Book early. You don't want to wait until you're in the middle of filling out college applications and studying for finals to do your senior pics. Try to plan for them at the beginning of your senior year, or even during the summer of your junior year. Plus, waiting until the last minute may mean that you're not able to include your pics in the yearbook, so plan early and you'll be good to go.

Here are a few of my favorite senior pics from this year, incorporating some of the tips I mentioned. If you're interested in booking a session with me, visit www.bgphotography.biz or email me at yvette@bgphotography.biz.







 
 

So for today's mini contest: If you're interested in playing, just send me an email with your name so I know who to contact if you win. The first person that refers 25 more likes will win a $25 gift certificate to Abercrombie! Your friends just need to post on my wall that they're a new fan and that you referred them. I recommend posting something like "Help me win @BG Photography's senior picture mini-contest! Make sure you like the page and tell them that I sent you!"

UPDATE: Congrats to Dani for winning the gift certificate! Stay tuned for more fun giveaways and info about your senior pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment